The basic function of this position is to act as an assistant to the chief crew member on the job site and assist in the management and completion of assigned projects on time, under budget, and within tolerance in a manner that aligns with Procon, Inc’s values and goals.
This position reports to the Director of Construction Services
All authority is given from the Director of Construction Services and the President to perform the necessary duties and responsibilities of this position.
A valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to safely drive company vehicles and equipment is required.
This position will be a manual labor position and the ability to follow directions is needful. This position will require common sense, logical thought processes, and the ability to work in a safety-conscious manner. This position requires the employee to provide their own personal hand tools and to wear all required PPE.
The physical demands will be standing, walking, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting and bending for long periods of time on a regular basis. Walking and working surfaces may be rough and uneven. This job will require a full range of body movements including but not limited to, the use of hands, feet, arms, legs, back, and torso; the ability to push, pull and lift. Must be able to lift and carry 100 lbs repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing. Excellent eyesight, with or without correction, is necessary.
Work will be conducted under various weather conditions and temperatures such as extreme heat or cold and will be primarily outdoors.
On a regular basis, there will a possible exposure to the following:
- chemicals, dust, fumes, and other airborne particles from construction equipment
- direct exposure to fresh concrete which can be caustic
- vibrations from construction equipment
- typical construction noise that may exceed normal decibel levels
- The ability to speak English and Spanish is preferred.
Pre-planning and Clerical
- Thoroughly review project contract and all supporting documents to become familiar with complete scope as well as job site-specific activities and requirements.
- Review all project drawings, shop drawings, etc as soon as available
- Assist the project manager with the creation of budget from the approved estimate, as well as assisting with creation of internal (Procon) project schedule.
- With assistance from the project manager, make final “buyout” decisions regarding material suppliers, vendors and subcontractors
- Assist project manager as needed in compilation and submission of all submittals, including any safety and/or quality control plans.
- Manage, and assist project manager with the approval of, all job-related costs for each assigned project including but not limited to vendor and supplier invoices, payroll time records, and subcontractor invoices
- Create and maintain good working relationships with customers and suppliers to keep the smooth flow of operations, such as manpower plans, deliveries, concrete pours, and overall job site progress
- Effectively and accurately document all job site activities through a daily log which includes work completed, working conditions, delays, issues, man-hours worked, etc.
- Initiate the process of creating and submitting RFI’s and change orders as needed, providing details and information to the project manager. Ensure RFI’s and change orders are received in order to maintain production and schedule.
- Take the lead in, and ensure completion of, all daily safety planning and checks such as daily pre-task planning, equipment and tool inspection checklists, etc.
- Maintain accurate time collection records and ensure accurate entry into Foundation Mobile for all assigned projects and employees.
- Responsible for any and all activities or events that occur on assigned projects
- Manage and lead all activities that are within Procon scope on assigned projects.
- Monitor and manage all costs associated with the project, keeping the project within budget parameters.
- Monitor schedule and production to keep the project on track for timely completion
- Responsible for deciding start up/shut down issues on assigned projects and instruct crew members accordingly
- Determine means and methods of completion of projects, within Procon standards and core values
- Lead all safety-related functions on the project, including, but not limited to, pre-task planning, site evaluations and inspections, housekeeping, etc.
- Ensure that all assigned Procon projects are built in the highest quality, according to plans and specs provided.
- Ensure that all equipment, vehicles, and tools issued by Procon are kept in safe, good working order and used properly
- Represent Procon in job site progress meetings or any other meetings as requested
- Coordinate and manage all manpower needed to complete assigned projects
- Includes recruiting and terminating employees as needed and as job situations warrant
- Conduct disciplinary action and performance evaluations on all direct reports as needed
- Clearly communicate goals and expectations to crew members, including but not limited to, allotted man-hours, amount of work to be completed, schedule, etc.
- Be available to answer work-related calls on a company-issued cell phone at any time
- All other duties required by the President or your Supervisor
- Follow all policies and procedures as set forth in the Employee Handbook and Corporate Safety Program
If you are interested in this position and would like to be considered as a part of the Procon team, please submit a completed application (Spanish Application Form) and/or resume to email@example.com.
Procon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by law.