The basic function of this position is to work closely with other team members to complete assigned tasks on time, under budget, and within tolerance in a manner that aligns with Procon, Inc’s values and goals.
This position reports to the crew foreman or the job site superintendent.
All authority is given from the director of construction services, job site superintendent, or the crew foreman to perform the necessary duties and responsibilities of this position.
This position will be a manual labor position and the ability to follow directions is critical. This position will require common sense, logical thought, and the ability to work in a safety-conscious manner. This position requires the employee to provide their own personal hand tools and to wear all required PPE.
The physical demands will be standing, walking, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting and bending for long periods of time on a regular basis. This job will require a full range of body movements including but not limited to, the use of hands, feet, arms, legs, back, and torso; the ability to push, pull and lift. Must be able to lift and carry 100 lbs repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing. Excellent eyesight, with or without correction, is necessary.
Work will be conducted under various weather conditions and temperatures such as extreme heat or cold and will be primarily outdoors.
On a regular basis there will be possible exposure to the following:
1. chemicals, dust, fumes, and other airborne particles from construction equipment
2. direct exposure to fresh concrete which can be caustic
3. vibrations from construction equipment
4. typical construction noise that may exceed normal decibel levels
The ability to speak English and Spanish is preferred.
- Assist in organizing tools and materials needed for the current day’s work as well as planning for tomorrow. Load and unload trucks as required.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools. Must have knowledge of how to inspect tools for safe condition and how to safely and correctly operate such tools
- Perform simple excavating operations using shovels picks, mattocks, etc. Includes fine grading ditches, slab subgrade, etc.
- Signal or communicate with equipment operators during operations to help efficiently and safely complete the task at hand. Must be able to use proper hand signals
- Properly install and tie rebar according to the plans and specifications
- Properly install the necessary forms required, depending on the phase of the job. Must be able to dismantle the same forms using hammers, drills, saws, etc. Forms must be installed plumb, accurate, and square.
- Assist in the placement, grading, floating, and finishing of concrete in various applications and finishes. Recognize and understand the proper slump of concrete.
- Build scaffolding, walkways, handrails, and other safety-related items under the direction of the competent person
- Maintain a clean and organized job site to prevent and eliminate potential job site hazards.
- Recognize and understand safe work practices such as proper lifting, fall protection requirements, PPE requirements, fire protection, etc.
- Must have the ability to operate equipment such as skid steers, excavators, backhoes, forklifts, power finishing trowels, and motor vehicles.
- Conduct and document daily pre-trip and pre-startup inspections of any vehicle or equipment to be operated. Report any faulty or nonfunctioning items immediately to your supervisor.
- Have knowledge in the safe and correct way to operate required equipment and vehicles. Do not operate any equipment or vehicles unless properly licensed and trained.
- Must obey all applicable traffic laws and safety procedures, such as seatbelt usage, etc
- Accurately maintain and complete the weekly timecard. This must be turned in by noon each Monday to be paid for the previous week
- Report all near misses, incidents, or accidents to the job site supervisor. This is critical in the improvement of our safety culture.
- Promptly report any and all mechanical problems with equipment or vehicles as well as any needed supplies for the job site.
- All other duties required by the President or your Supervisor
- 2. Follow all policies and procedures as set forth in the Employee Handbook and Corporate Safety Program
If you are interested in this position and would like to be considered as a part of the Procon team, please submit a completed application (Spanish Application Form) and/or resume to email@example.com.
Procon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by law.