The basic function of this position is to support field operations in a manner that aligns with Procon, Inc’s values and goals.
This position reports to the Director of Construction Services.
All authority is given by the Director of Construction Service to perform the necessary duties and responsibilities of this position.
No one reports to this position.
This position requires a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to drive company vehicles.
This position requires excellent computer skills
This position is typically in an office environment with low to moderate noise and needful office equipment. This position at times will be an intense position with a high level of stress. This job will require a high degree of common sense and logical thought to confront situations that will arise on a regular basis, and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
The physical demands will be sitting for long periods of time on a regular basis and occasionally stooping, kneeling, bending, and crouching. This job will require a full range of body movements including but not limited to, the use of hands, feet, arms, and legs; the ability to push, pull and lift. Excellent eyesight, with or without correction, is necessary.
Work will be conducted under various weather conditions, as this is primarily an office job
On a regular basis there will a possible exposure to the following:
1. Fluorescent lighting
2. Computer monitors
3. Paper, pens, staplers, scissors, and other misc office supplies
On occasion, visits to job sites may be required. During these visits, there will be possible exposure to normal construction-related hazards and equipment.
The ability to speak English and Spanish is preferred. At least 1 or more years of construction-related experience or equivalent is required and 3 or more years of experience in the concrete industry is preferred.
- Upon receipt of NTP and assignment of project, thoroughly review all contract documents, specifications, plans, etc. to begin project production.
- Review and execute customer subcontract
- Create/obtain and submit all required submittals and shop drawings for projects as needed, including any safety and/or quality control plans.
- With assistance and input from the project superintendent, submit any necessary RFI’s and ensure their timely return.
- As needed, issue purchase orders and make procurement decisions for long lead time items such as rebar, etc.
- Using an estimate that is provided from estimators, as well as input and guidance from the project superintendent, create internal project-specific budget.
- In conjunction with the project superintendent, create an internal project schedule.
- Initiate and schedule a pre-construction meeting that involves the project estimator, superintendent and manager for each assigned project.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with customers, suppliers and vendors, following Procon’s core values and principles.
2. Project Execution
- With assistance and input from the superintendent, create and issue change orders when working conditions dictate
- Update project schedule to reflect changes and issues that occur on job site
- Track and record all project-related costs and provide up to date cost tracking for superintendent review
- Maintain all pertinent logs such as change order logs, RFI logs, concrete logs, etc
- Review all daily reports from project superintendent to keep up with daily job-site activities
- Create regular applications for payment and submit to customer
- Visit job site as needed to maintain familiarity with progress being made
- Attend all job site meetings as needed to represent Procon and stay in front of the project
- As needed, provide any manner of support to the project superintendent for documentation, research, planning, etc.
- All other duties required by the President or your Supervisor
- Follow all policies and procedures as set forth in the Employee Handbook and Corporate Safety Program
If you are interested in this position and would like to be considered as a part of the Procon team, please submit a completed application (Spanish Application Form) and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by law.