The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting/support the Project Manager and other field operations team members in the planning, coordinating, and administration of their assigned job to ensure the project is: completed on time, within budget, while adhering to Procon’s quality standards in alignment with Procon, Inc’s Core Values.
This position reports to _____________________________________________ and all authority is given from the same to perform the necessary duties and responsibilities of this position.
This position requires:
1) Valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to drive company vehicles.
2) Advanced and proficient computer skills – MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
3) The ability to speak English and Spanish is preferred.
4) Following Procon’s core values and principles
5) Leadership and communication skills
a) Demonstrate a desire to learn, grow, and desire for continuous improvement
b) Display a high degree of integrity and social responsibility during the performance of daily responsibilities
c) Ability to collaborate with the team and manage multiple tasks, produce work under time-sensitive deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude at all times
d) Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
e) Negotiate effectively in all situations; settle differences while maintaining positive relationships
f) Create strong morale on his/her team while working to achieve a common goal
g) Develop a business judgment in a manner consistent with Procon Policy and Procedures
h) Ability to adapt behavior to meet the needs of the project to ensure project success
i) Provide value to each project through innovation and attention to detail
j) Able to effectively communicate both verbally and written
The position preferences include:
6) 1 or more years of commercial construction related experience
7) 3+ years experience in the concrete industry
8) Foundation accounting software experience
9) Basic knowledge and understanding of surveying, scheduling, drawings, and construction sequencing
10) Adept in learning new software quickly with the ability to navigate and use CAD tools to modify 2D and 3D models (TEKLA Structures).
11) Working knowledge of contract formats; draft, and issue change order(s) scope to subcontractors with oversight by PM prior to issuance
This position will typically encounter:
12) Intense short timeframe deadlines with a high level of stress.
13) The need for a high degree of common sense and logical thought processes to confront the situations regularly
14) Office environment with low to moderate noise and needful office equipment.
15) Physical demands of sitting long periods of time on a regular basis; occasionally stooping, kneeling, bending, and crouching; a full range of body movements including but not limited to, the use of hands, feet, arms, and legs; the ability to push, pull, and lift; excellent eyesight, with or without correction.
16) Exposures to fluorescent lighting, computer monitors, paper, pens, staplers, scissors, and other misc office supplies
17) Occasion visits to job sites that may present possible exposure to normal construction-related hazards and equipment.
Provide and/or assist in the following functions:
1. Project Management
a. Review/administer 1st and 2nd level subcontract documents, specifications, plans, etc. to commence project
b. Assist in creating/issuing and tracking:
ii. Shop drawings
iii. Safety/ quality control plans
v. Purchase orders
vii. Project Schedules
viii. Change Orders
ix. Daily Field Reports
x. Concrete Usage Logs
xi. Pay Applications
xii. As-Built Drawings
xiv. Certified Payroll
c. Meeting scheduling and documenting
d. Develop and maintain strong positive relationships with customers, suppliers and vendors
2. Human Resources
a. Communicate human resource documents to HR
b. Onboarding assistance for new employees
c. Distribute Weekly Payroll
d. Assist/translate for various employee needs
3. Additional Responsibilities
a. Various other duties requested your supervisor
b. Adhere to the policies and procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook and Corporate Safety Program to provide a respectable professional service to co-workers and clients.
Employees of Procon, have access to the following benefits:
• Basic life insurance
• Short term disability
• Long term disability
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacations
With a little over a decade in the business, Procon, Inc. has steadily grown from a small family business to a respected industry leader, providing a full range of concrete services in multiple markets. From a simple paving and sidewalk project to a multi-level structure, we strive to execute each project with consistent accountability. We listen to the goals of our clients so that we may develop strategies to be a successful team player enhancing the construction industry image in addition to exceeding the expectations of our clients.
If you are interested in this position and would like to be considered as a part of the Procon team, please submit a completed application (Spanish Application Form) and/or resume to Matthew Rutrough at email@example.com.
Procon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by law.